It’s been a while as I’ve been deep in the writing cave and haven’t really had much to share.
I decided to do a quick sale on a book that I love dearly. Usually $4.99, it’s only 99c for a few days! The audio is out too and is decadent to listen to 🙂
THE BOY & HIS RIBBON
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2p0pKQ3
If you haven’t read this book, I’m going to describe WHY you should, without sharing the blurb.
- It’s a slow burn that delivers all the feels.
- It’s forbidden love between a boy and a baby who grow up together, thanks to tragic circumstances.
- It’s chock full of angst as the girl falls for the boy but the boy stubbornly keeps their love platonic.
- It’s got tears galore when you reach certain parts in the finale – The Girl & Her Ren
- It’s a LOVE STORY but still has PLENTY of spicy sexy scenes
- If you like having your heart torn out by a book…then you should let Ren and Della sharpen their knives 🙂
- It’s deliciously long at 130,000 and the sequel is 147,000 so plenty of words for your buck.
- Won MULTIPLE blog and romance reads rewards for Best Tear Jerker and Best Coming of Age stories
- USA Today bestseller!
- And last, but not least, The Boy & His Ribbon deals with love in every facet. The story spans 30 years of ups, downs, tragedies, and triumphs, and holds love at the heart of every word.
THE BOY & HIS RIBBON
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2p0pKQ3
★6 Stars! The boy and his Ribbon… Is the most painfully heartbreaking, soul shattering, addictive, unforgettable, and most beautiful masterpiece I have ever read! –S,Goodreads Reviewer
★ALL THE STARS
I was in the mood for an emotional love story and this delivered it in spades. Provocative and utterly mesmerizing! —Olgatherebelreader
★5 Stars. This book. This goddamned book. It gave me anxiety coupled with stress sweats. It is emotional. It is tragic. It is beautiful. –Melanie, Goodreads Reviewer
★Unbelievable. This is a MUST READ! The writing is superb.
The story is endearing but heartbreaking. –Synclare Moss, Goodreads Reviewer
★“The Boy and his Ribbon” really does deserve all the 5 stars, all the accolades and all the praise it’s already receiving. Ren and Della are characters that will stay with me for a long time. –Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
★This is my favourite todate and my top read of 2018. I will never do this book justice by this review; this is like no book I have ever read before it is unique.–WLTB Blog
★Amazing, Pepper has outdone herself on this one. Truly, her bes twork to date. –Jennifer Gauthier
★This is definitely going to be in contention for the best read of the year, the only competition is book two, out in June, The Girland her Ren. –Peta Benjamin
★Ms.Winters has created a hell of a masterpiece. An absolute damn masterpiece.I think I hate her a little for making me love this story so much! –M. Michelle
★This just may be the best book Pepper Winters has ever written. I think its the most beautiful book I’ve ever read.–Shelli
★I think this is it. The best book I have ever read and I have read a lot of books. Pepper’s writing in this book is beyond superb.–Wanton Book Lover Blog
★I have got to say, Pepper has completely outdone herself with this book. A book that it is so unique and poignant, it leaves you feeling lost even days after finishing. –The Wandering Bookaholic
★The Boy and His Ribbon I think by far will be my favorite book of 2018. It left me with a massive book hangover – Clare, Goodreads Reviewer
★This is definitely a top read for me for 2018–Sassafrass Candace
★It’s an exquisite story –Annmaries, Goodreads
★This book. God, this book is one of the best books I have ever had the pleasure of reading.
Without a doubt and with so much confidence I can say and will say this is the best book of 2018.
6 stars, S Goodreads
I can’t believe that it’s been over a year since I released the first book in Fable of Happiness and almost a year since I released the third and final book! I’ve never gone so long without releasing a book and I have reasons!
When I started writing my fantasy romance, I was finally giving myself permission to jump into a world that has haunted me for a very long time. It’s so rich in layers and romance that I fully believed it would be a simple matter of just…penning it.
I should have seen that writing a fantasy for me was probably NOT the wisest choice. Why? Well…because when I write a story, I see EVERYTHING. I somehow managed to turn a trope storyline of a girl being kidnapped and sold to a French Billionaire (Tears of Tess) into a 460,000 word saga of love, commitment, and finding your perfect other.
I’ve done this with all my books. Indebted Series was based on a debt between two houses and ended up being 7 books and 500,000 words of violence, spice, hate, love, feuds, and soulmates.
I should have seen what would happen when I attempted to write a fantasy. I should’ve guessed that the world would consume me and a storyline that I believed would be ‘simple’ (Ha) has become so complicated that I have done (since November 2021) the following:
- Written 170,000 words and realised I started the book in the wrong part of the story.
- Deleted 170,000 words
- Wrote 60,000 words and realised that I still wasn’t in the right starting point of the romance
- Deleted 60,000 words
- Wrote 38,000 words and LOVED them. Only to realise I started in the wrong spot AGAIN
- Saved 38,000 words to cut a few lines from
- Wrote 47,000 words and FINALLY, FINALLY knew that I started in the right place.
- Currently aiming to finish by end of July (fingers crossed)
So…that is my very convoluted process and reason why I haven’t released anything in a while.
I recently saw George R R Martin give an example of his writing style that I have to say FITS ME TO A TEE.
He says if an architecture was writing a book, it would be tightly organised, regimented, and have an exact completion date based on the amount of work still required.
He is not like that.
(I am not like that).
He is more of a gardener.
Each time he sits down to write, he looks at the flowers (plot) that work and prunes them a little. He pulls out a few weeds, plants a few new seeds, and generally cultivates LIFE and BEAUTY from the garden that he is creating.
THAT IS ME.
Each time I write, I have my daily guideline of what to touch upon and sometimes it stays loosely close to my plan and other days…it’s covered in thorns, torn up, and the tulip I was writing is now suddenly a freaking willow tree. It’s because of this method that I’ve been able to tap deep into the personalities of my characters and like to think that my simple love stories feel robust, well-rounded, and REAL. It is also because of this method that I’ve lost myself to perfection and created a mountain out of nothing, but I KNOW THIS STORY is going to be INCREDIBLE. (If I didn’t, I would’ve walked away from it like I have other books of mine (speaking of you Forbidden Flaws). But it hasn’t been easy nailing down the true starting point in the book because there is SO MUCH STORY TO CHOOSE FROM.
I’ll stop rambling about this for now and just assure you that I’m putting in the time because Runa and Darro and this book, WHEN A MOTH LOVED A BEE, is worth it. I get butterflies daily when I think about what these characters will go through, the love they share, the passion, the heartache, and the pain. It’s a story that I am honoured to share but it’s also not an easy one to write, so I’m very grateful for your patience!
I’ve already sort of touched upon why a new book from me hasn’t been announced yet. I’m doing my damndest to deliver the best book I can AND once this monster is done, I’ll be very much looking forward to getting back to my love of Dark Romance. 🙂
For now…this is what I can share:
- The first book is almost done. I think. I hope. I’m pretty sure.
- YES there will be more than one. Don’t you know me at all? 🙂
- No, I don’t know how many there will be. I have an inkling but can’t share yet.
- I’ll be releasing them often (think like how I did Goddess Isles with releasing one every 4 weeks), so you don’t have to wait too long
- Yes, audio, ebook, paperback, and hardback will all release on the same day – as long as the publishing gods play nice.
- Preorders for the other books will appear, when and only when, I have more than one book written.
I’m getting SOOO close to being more vocal about this and I know it feels like this book has been AN AGE in coming. For me too! But I’m finally starting to see some light so I’ll be back soon with some VERY exciting news!
In the meantime, keep being amazing, hope you’re well, safe, happy, and go read Ren and Della if you haven’t while it’s on sale 🙂